WHO WE ARE
GoSurfing is a licensed and insured boutique surf experience company offering premium quality surf instruction to anyone with the desire to ride waves. Established in 2020, GoSurfing is the product of 20+ years of surf instruction, business operation and customer service experience of founder and instructor, Tommy Ostendorf. Our goal is to exceed our clients expectations in all aspects of their surfing experience. Expert, professional and responsible instructors, well maintained, quality equipment, efficient online experience, accessible, adapted and inclusive instruction techniques. Although only just officially launching our operation, we have decades of ocean and operational experience and a wealth of knowledge to share with our clients. We are excited to share our passion with you.
GoSurfing is a branch of the established youth summer camp company, BeachSports, which has been operating in the South Bay since 1995. We are licensed through the LA County Department of Beaches and Harbors to operate on the local beaches (View all Beach Use Licensees). We follow a strict protocol established by LA County, which includes miniumum liability insurance coverage and employee protection and discrimination policies.
- Manhattan Beach Native
- 20+ Years Surf Instruction Experience
- University of San Diego, BA Business Administration
- Owner & Director, BeachSports
- Owner & Director, Campsurf (2005-2015)
- Director, South Bay Boardriders Club 501(c)3
- Tavarua Resort Lifeguard / Surf Guide
- 2006 NSSA National Longboard Champion
- 2019 Catalina Classic Paddleboard Marathon Finisher (5:58)
- PRESS: Slashing the Stereotype / South Bay Magazine